Menu
Caligulacabbage
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Second V6 Box Cable Cover not installed correctly not safe and I have to pay to get it right

Hi All.

Firstly this is not the advisors fault it's the policy of Virginmedia 

We have just had ultimate oomph package installed and the second V6 Box has had a white cover for the cable to fit into adhered to our inside dining room wall . 

However the only thing holding it against the wall is it leaning on the top of the skirting board and gravity 

We have 5 children two bless em are Autistic I have had to stop them pulling the plate of as the outside cable  can now be reached with the blue tape around it that is secured to the white cover . So it's not safe .

Contacted the online help advisor yes we can fix it but it will cost you £100 as it's inside your house . We are due to pay our first bill of £177 next week and they want us to pay another hundred to fix this installation issue . I didn't realise that free repairs according to the advisor are for issues outside the house .

If anyone from VM reads these messages please try and solve 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second V6 Box Cable Cover not installed correctly not safe and I have to pay to get it right

Virgin fix faults for free, not cosmetics, can you post a photo so we can understand what is wrong?
0 Kudos
Caligulacabbage
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second V6 Box Cable Cover not installed correctly not safe and I have to pay to get it right

Thanks for response it's not cosmetic but being typically English we have used strong tape and gorilla glue and gravity ( I'm not sure how long it will last I have two under 5yo autistic children who are very curious)   to hold it against the wall my concern is them yanking the cable the one with the blue tape on that comes in from outside that attaches to the cover .

the screws however in the cover are purely cosmetic they are not drilled or screwed in the wall I have enclosed a pic you can see the gap and shadow so you can see it's not flush or screwed to the wall if you can't see the pics apologies I used my pixel phone and the photos may have exceeded the data allowance

IMG_20200717_190846_exported_733_1595009537019.jpg

IMG_20200717_190246_exported_110_1595009640613.jpg

0 Kudos
Caligulacabbage
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for response 

I have replied and sent some photos on my mobile but for some reason the message did not send maybe I exceeded the picture allowance the issue is not cosmetic but being British we have a temporary solution strong gorilla tape gravity 

IMG_20200717_190846_exported_733_1595009537019.jpg

IMG_20200717_190246_exported_35_1595010404235.jpg

and glue it's just sitting on top of the skirting board .  

We have young curious children so it will be temporary my concern is once that cover falls off they can pull play with the outside cable that comes through the wall to fix to the white cover .

What is Cosmetic is the tiny screws you can see in the cover they are purely decoration and are not drilled screwed into the wall you can see the gap behind the cover by the shadow . 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Caligulacabbage,

I can take a further look into your account but would need to do this by private message, so that we can clear account security and confirm your details.

I will drop the private message over in a moment, so that we can get this fixed for you.

Thanks
Steven_L

0 Kudos
Caligulacabbage
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks will send you the details you need 

0 Kudos
Caligulacabbage
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have just checked my private message inbox as of yet have not received any private message will check tomorrow and send you my details for you to access my account. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Caligulacabbage,

Thanks for coming back to us, I will be more than happy to get the replacement of the cover arranged, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos