Menu
jendug
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Second Tv box

How do I get an engineer to set up my second TV box?

0 Kudos
jendug
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

second tv box

I have had a second tv box for two years but never used it. I now want to use it with a second tv in a bedroom. I think I need an engineer to instal cabling. Is this correct and how do I contact an engineer?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Second Tv box

Hi jendug,

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a short description of what you want  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, Faults department but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or around tea time

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What do you mean by "setup your second box" - can you elaborate?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jendug
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have had second box for two years but I have acquired another TV for the bedroom and I want to set the box up . Do I need extra cabling to do this? I think I need an engineer to sort me out.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@jendug 

I've added your new post to your existing one 🙂

Every Virgin STB needs a co-ax connection to carry the TV channels, and an internet connection for OnDemand. On the V6 box, the internet connection can be via WiFi, but the co-ax connection is non-negotiable.

If there's no co-ax point in the room where you want the new box setup, then yes you will need an install visit - which C/S can book for you.

There is normally a £99 charge for non-fault callouts, I am unsure if that applies to additional installs.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jendug
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information. I assume that my aerial coax cable will not be sufficient and that I need a second coax cable from the cable input.

0 Kudos
jendug
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Follow up. How easy is it to get an engineer to set everything up?

0 Kudos