Menu
ScifiFan11
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Scifi +1 channel sound stutters & Netflix screen glitches when panning across

hi,  

Is anyone having problems with the sound on the Scifi +1 channel? The Scifi channel is fine, its the +1 that sounds like its under water or stuttery...  Its been like it for ages - ive tried resetting etc. nothing works.

Also why does my Netflix glitch when the screen pans across? But when i go into Netflix direct on the TV and not via my Virgin box - its absolutely fine? 

Please help ! 

Thanks 🙂 

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scifi +1 channel sound stutters & Netflix screen glitches when panning across

Hi @ScifiFan11

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

My apologies for the inconvenience caused by these issues.

Does this occur on every program for the SciFi channel? And does Netflix do this on every show?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ScifiFan11
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scifi +1 channel sound stutters & Netflix screen glitches when panning across

Hi Travis

Thanks so much for helping me. 

ive just put the Scifi+1 channel on now as its showing a different programme and it seems fine - so maybe it was unique to the series i had been watching? 

However, i also just went on to Netflix but that problem is still happening across all programmes. i again checked to see if it happens if i go into Netflix via my TV rather than Virgin and it is fine on my TV so definitely localised to when i go through my V6 box

Thanks 

Natalie

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ScifiFan11

How is your box connected to the broadband? Is it via WiFi or an ethernet cable?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ScifiFan11
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

H Travis

Its connected via Wifi

thanks 🙂

natalie 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know Natalie. Can I ask if you are able to connect the box via an Ethernet cable at all?

Thank you.

Ash_C
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ScifiFan11
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

hi, 

Its in the same room but not close enough for the ethernet cable to reach unfortunately. 

I think im on your 200mb package though, - i thought that would mean my wifi would be good enough? sorry im rubbish at tech and ive misunderstood how it all works

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No not at all! We usually recommend an Ethernet connection as it is your strongest connection and your guaranteed speed. We are unable to guarantee WiFi which is why we often suggest trying an Ethernet cable. 

Can I ask if you have checked your signal strength on your box at all? You can do this by going to Network Settings on your box.

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ScifiFan11
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ash

No i havent tried that.. I'll give it a go tonight and let you know tomorrow if thats okay

Thanks very much 

Natalie

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us Natalie.  

Please do keep us informed how things go.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos