Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Samsung universal remote no longer working with V6

Hi , recently got a uhd Samsung tv Model UE43TU7000 with a universal remote.  Everything worked amazing , controlling theV6 via the Samsung remote , and via my mobile with Samsungs smart things app. Then out of no where , the remote will no longer control the v6 neither will the apps. The remote works fine controlling the other sources connected to the tv with no issues .  Have factory reset the tv , changed hdmi cables , batteries changed, latest tv firmware.

Any suggestions ?

ive seen this mentioned on a few threads before , but haven’t seen a definitive answer.

does anyone know if there has been any updates to the v6 that could cause this ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung universal remote no longer working with V6

Hey @Grumpytroll and welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear that you've had issues with your universal remote, have you been able to get this to control the V6 box again, since you last posted?

We have had no upgrades that would have caused this to happen to your remote. Can you still control your TV with the V6 remote?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi , still the same issue.  The V6 remote works fine.  The universal remote worked previous that I didn’t have to use the v6 remote for anything . It’s defo not the universal remote as it controls everything else as it should.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Which remote are we talking about? If it's  the "one" or "smart" remote the source needs to be set up correctly on the TV because that is how the remote is programmed.  So worth checking that.

Mine still controls the V6, so They probably haven't  changed anything.

If you are talking about a different remote then I don't  know;)

Oomph Hub3 (modem mode) RT-AC68U with Merlin F/W.

My Broadband Ping - VirginMedia

My Broadband Speed Test
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Grumpytroll wrote:

Hi , recently got a uhd Samsung tv Model UE43TU7000 with a universal remote.  Everything worked amazing , controlling theV6 via the Samsung remote , and via my mobile with Samsungs smart things app. Then out of no where , the remote will no longer control the v6 neither will the apps. The remote works fine controlling the other sources connected to the tv with no issues .  Have factory reset the tv , changed hdmi cables , batteries changed, latest tv firmware.

Any suggestions ?

ive seen this mentioned on a few threads before , but haven’t seen a definitive answer.

does anyone know if there has been any updates to the v6 that could cause this ? 

...have you tried the steps in the link in message 4, here, in order to reset the remote and re-pair (assuming you're referring to the Smart remote) :

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Samsung-Universal-Remote-control-amp-V6-box/m-p/44...

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ve went through the process of setting up the source correctly .  When I get to the point where the tv tests the controls on the source .  The remote that comes with the tv doesn’t control the channels.  Using the atrache pic of the remote . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Grumpytroll wrote:

I’ve went through the process of setting up the source correctly .  When I get to the point where the tv tests the controls on the source .  The remote that comes with the tv doesn’t control the channels.  Using the atrache pic of the remote . 

...you didn't answer my question - did you follow the instructions in the previous link to re-pair the remote to the tv?

Its possible the remote has simply become unpaired to the tv hence why its now not controlling the tv, so it needs to be re-paired....

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The remote in the previous link is different to what I am using .  It works for every other purpose other than controlling the V6 box . 

74B70E58-2B1E-4A2B-B68B-00137E7E5C75.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so it looks like Samsung have a different universal remote setup for that TV than those with the Smart remote.

For TVs with the Bluetooth Smart Remote, Samsung programme the remote itself to send the IR commands. But for your TV it looks like the IR commands come from the TV, not the remote. It says this in the TV manual:

Do not place any obstacles in front of an external device and TV's logo. It may cause signals from the remote control to be transmitted improperly.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos