cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung smart remote/TiVo box

Mule85
Joining in

Hello,

I had my Samsung smart remote all set up with my Virgin V6 box and everything was working perfectly (I got some great advice on here on how to make the pause function work too)

Anyway, decorating and moving things meant I had to start again and now it’s not working as it should. The remote pairs fine ‘does the channel move up/down?’ …Yes! No issues there. The problem arises when I push the tv back in to its recess, essentially blocking the line of sight between remote and Virgin box, it now doesn’t work at all and the remote seems to lose its pairing all together. When I was using it before, it worked perfectly well with the box hidden but now, for some reason, doesn’t!? 

Any thoughts on why this might be/how to fix it? The only thing that has changed since it was working is the addition of TV USB powered LED lights attached to the perimeter of the TV, could this affect things!? 🤷‍♂️ I’m stumped 

Any help would be gratefully received 

2 REPLIES 2

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Mule85, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

Unfortunately we can't guarantee our equipment would work with any 3rd party equipment and when it does it won't work 100%.

You can find some tips and advice here though.

I would also see if it works without the lights they could be interfering with each other. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks for the response. I appreciate that 3rd party products won’t always work but the annoying thing is before I decorated and had to set everything up again, it worked perfectly. I tried with the lights off and still the same issue, it connects and looks as though everything is working but as soon as the box is hidden again…it stops