Menu
Chrismuir87
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Remote V6 Box

Hi,

Just got a new Samsung Frame TV which comes with Samsung smart remote.  Initially it let me change channels and I could use the Smart Remote to control the Virgin V6 box.  Turned the TV on yesterday and it would only let me control the volume.  In going through the Remote settings it states that the Media provide is blocking IR signals, I have set the V6 box to allow Network Devices and tried unpairing the Virgin remote.  Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung Remote V6 Box

Hi Chrismuir87,

Thank you for your post, sorry to hear that your having issues with your remote have you tried unpairing this from your V6 then try to repair?  You can do this by

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Remote Control Pairing > Unpair all V6 remotes.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Chrismuir87
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie,

Thanks for the help, yes I have tried unpairing the remotes however this didn't help.  Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Chris 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing. 

Could you please try the below as well and see if this refreshes the services and helps pair your remote. 

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

You may also want to try resetting the V6 box and unplug then reinsert the cables going into the V6 and the TV to ensure these are secure. 

Also, is there any way to go through repairing your Samsung remote? We'd be unaware of how this is done, but if you can try go through our pairing methods for our remotes this may be worth a try too.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Chalkywhite
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem on all three of my V6 boxes!!

0 Kudos
Chalkywhite
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As an update, I can use it to adjust the volume and can get all functionality to work if I stand 1 foot in front of the V6 and yes all have brand new batteries?

0 Kudos
deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Chalkywhite wrote:

As an update, I can use it to adjust the volume and can get all functionality to work if I stand 1 foot in front of the V6 and yes all have brand new batteries?

....that would suggest the batteries are failing if functionality returns when you are one foot away!

I know you said you tried fresh batteries but I would actually go and buy a second set of brand new batteries and swap them out and try again.

You can also re-try setting up your Samsung remote to work with your V6 box by following the initial set up again, when you first set up the tv when taking it out the packaging.