Menu
Jezza31
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

SWAT - Programme unavailable 603

Good morning, I wondered if any one else is having difficulty watching SWAT either recorded or as on demand from Sky One? Keeps advising programme unavailable with a number 603 in the bottom corner of the message box. Restarted Hub and Restarted V6 box. Tried online help which sent a restart instruction. Tried deleting all saved programmes in case there was some form of corruption but still can't watch it. All other on demand programmes or saved programmes seem to work fine - It's an odd one. Any guidance gratefully received.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: SWAT - Programme unavailable 603

The short answer...  no!

Long answer... 603 is often an error associated with OnDemand, especially HDCP issues that can be prevalent with a Samsung and/or UHD TV.

Deleting programmes won't have any effect on this. And I've never come across error-603 with recorded programmes. Recordings & VoD are different beasts.

Think you'll need to start narrowing this one down a bit, decide whether it's a recorded or VoD programme you're trying to watch (including, by extension, SD or HD) and perhaps quote a specific episode.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jezza,

I hope this helps.

A lot of the 603 errors are due to the HDMI cable either being in the wrong port, or not being HDCP 2.2 compliant.

This is explained from step 2 onwards on virgin-tv-error-codes/603/step2 

ON the forums we tend to see this mostly affecting users with older Samsung TV's as not all HDMI ports are compliant with HDCP 2.2, and if that's you, and you have a port marked MHL try connecting to that It may require a reboot to force the handshake between TV and V6 box.

Also as pre step 4 in that 603 error if your TV isn't compliant then follow 603/step4  and change display settings to 1080p

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Jezza31
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wouldn't that tend to affect all programmes recorded or on demand rather than one very specific programme? I'm not sur eI understand why it should affect SWAT only, can you clarify this a bit perhaps?

Kind regards

Jeremy

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Indeed so - hence why I wrote...

"Think you'll need to start narrowing this one down a bit, decide whether it's a recorded or VoD programme you're trying to watch (including, by extension, SD or HD) and perhaps quote a specific episode."

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Jezza31
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, I had intended to watch them after I had first spotted them so I tried recording them.

I found the recordings wouldn't replay with the unavailable message. This message appeared whether the recording was marked as a recording or a bookmark. I tried switching to On Demand and tried to watch programmes from different series 1-4. I also tried switching between SD and HD. All to no effect.

Is there a chance you could try to watch any programme from the SWAT series to eliminate any risk that it's a user error and perhaps a Virgin or Sky error? That would also help narrow things down.

Thank BTW for taking to time to work with me to try and sort this out.

Regards Jeremy

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I tried a couple of random episodes on VOD from various series before originally posting, they played fine for me. Can you identify any specific episodes that are problematic?

Which TV package are you on (specifically)? These are almost certainly boxsets, which are restricted to XL/Full-House/Maxit package - the first thing to eliminate. I'd expect a different error if this were the problem, but all the same.

The ability to make & watch recordings is restricted at channel-level not individual programmes. Refer to question above!

Just to rule out the obvious, you have tried restarting your box once?

0 Kudos
Jezza31
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I tried a couple of random episodes on VOD from various series before originally posting, they played fine for me. Can you identify any specific episodes that are problematic?

>>OK that assists in ruling out a Virgin / Sky error, thanks

Which TV package are you on (specifically)? These are almost certainly boxsets, which are restricted to XL/Full-House/Maxit package - the first thing to eliminate. I'd expect a different error if this were the problem, but all the same.

>> I'm on the Maxit package

I'm on the 

The ability to make & watch recordings is restricted at channel-level not individual programmes. Refer to question above!

Just to rule out the obvious, you have tried restarting your box once

>> More than once I'm afraid, manually once with the Hub as well and then used the system testing routine from the phone which  rebooted it again. Just have to wait for them to appear on Netflix 🙂

J

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can you cite some specific examples of episodes that are failing? VM staff on here can pick up anything awry on your account or box once "we" have confirmed the OD asset otherwise works.

0 Kudos
Jezza31
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

FYI I am now sorted but ONLY after turning the V6 box off and on in total some 5 or 6 times. All on-demand services now back up and running.

Thanks for  your efforts on this it is appreciated, even if I sounded a bit terse on occasions

Regards Jeremy

0 Kudos