Menu
Steph84
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

STV player

Has anyone noticed the stv app has been removed from TiVo box and v6 box ?

anyone know why ? Can never get vm on the phone!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: STV player

Still present & working here, Bristol area.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steph84
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

With u being England is urs not itv ?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

STV app is available countrywide, we get the ITV & STV apps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Steph84
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Oh I didn’t know that as I can’t access the itv app as it’s not my region 

0 Kudos
turbine
Superfast
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I've just checked here, Cumbernauld, and the STV Player app is still showing.

0 Kudos
ModTeam
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. In the meantime, these programmes are available on the free STV Player app.

Regards,

Community Moderators

0 Kudos
mark_a_carpente
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The STV player app would be a great addition if you didn't have to sit through the same set of adverts over and over and over again without being able to at least fast forward through them. Honestly it's painful. If there were adverts only at the beginning of each episode that you couldn't avoid I could just about live with it, but every 15 minutes or so you get like 4 minutes of adverts and it's the same ones every single time just in a different order. I can understand not being able to skip them, but not being able to fast forward is ridiculous. Any other on demand program you can fast forward when you get adverts inserted randomly. I did read some drivel along the lines of " well if you were watching when it was shown normally then you would have adverts anyway " which is pretty poor as if I had recorded it I could fast forward. Thats the main reason I record anything thats not live or BBC now as adverts seem to have gotten worse, although Sky have always been awful for that. Basically they want you to pay for some premium service so they have made the adverts particularly intrusive in my opinion. It's a shame as there are several shows that looks like they might be very good but I won't be watching anything on there as I simply can not tolerate the adverts

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Apps are provided by the broadcasters themselves, so if you're unhappy with the adverts on them then you will need to direct your complaint at them, not Virgin Media.

All of Virgin's current boxes allow recording, and that's an excellent solution.

0 Kudos
Muppet2112
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

We've been watching Hamish McBeth on the STV player but this week our v6 box tells us it's now only available on Amazon Prime. Yet if I log onto STV player on my laptop HM is available there until 31 Jan 2021.

Any idea why the v6 box seems to have pulled a specific program fro  STV player which is still available on line? 

0 Kudos