Menu
sharpharp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

S322 error for a week now on new box

Hi, 

got an upgrade box to v6 TiVo. 
it’s gets to verifying during setup and then fails on verifying info. With error s322

surely it should just work, network is wired and it works, so Ethernet wire and connection is fine when tested with laptop. 

been over a week and no joy. Restarted box, tried different wires and no joy. Don’t get the option to change settings, it just goes back into cycle of installing when box switched on. help please

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: S322 error for a week now on new box

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/S322 this suggests there's a problem with your connection somewhere.

The co-ax is easy to check, and I presume you've reseated the Ethernet cable.

On the off-chance that there's a problem with the Ethernet connection, if you unplug the cable from the V6 it will default to using WiFi. Even if this only a workaround, it might get you over the line for now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sharpharp
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Co-ax???? The V6 has no co-ax connection, only uses wired Ethernet or WiFi. 

I’ve reset the box using the button combo on the box and I’ve tried connecting to both WiFi and wired. They all go to the final bit which is the Verifying stage and comes back as error - Could not verify info. Press Ok

after that I says there is a problem with your connection network error c219

Broadband etc all work, WiFi is working and wired Ethernet is fine. 

Tried to ring virgin customer services, was on hold for over 65 minutes and just gave up. 
Virgin should be ashamed to be hiking prices in March when customers aren’t even getting a working service on current prices. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@sharpharp wrote:

Co-ax???? The V6 has no co-ax connection, only uses wired Ethernet or WiFi. orking service on current prices. 

Ah-ha and nope, in equal measure. All Virgin's TV boxes need a co-ax connection to carry their TV signals, at the risk of being flippant (which isn't intentional) VM is a cable operator and the co-ax is the cable.

Ethernet or WiFi is the V6's internet connection, which the boxes need for OnDemand, EPG updates and other functions.

If your V6 doesn't have its co-ax connected, there is your problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos