Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

S102 error

Hello I have just received a replacement box for my bedroom. But keep getting error S102. I phoned for help but they said there was a problem in the area. The tv box in the living room, broadband and telephone are all working fine. Reading here everyone seems to be saying you need to get it activated. Can anyone help me please!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: S102 error

When you got it - did you call in to activate it? If not follow the instructions that would have come with the box. Or call in 0n 150 and follow the prompts - 1,1,3,2,1 - to activate new equipment. Call in again even if you did - they can sometimes type in the wrong digit.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply? I phoned again they are saying it is a fault in the area and the technicians are working on it. I just don’t understand why everything else works except for the replacement box I got to day.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A couple of weeks ago they had a problem whereby no new equipment could be registered - took a day or two to fix it. Perhaps it has happened again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They said it should be fixed by 25th so I will just have to wait and see. Thank you for your help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tuesday is here and still no signal to the second tv from the new box. So for the third time I phoned up virgin for help. This time I spoke to someone who actually listened to what I was saying. I have a new box and it needed to be activated and added to my account! He sorted it out in minutes. The two other people I spoke to on Saturday said it didn’t need activation even after me giving them the code for it. Which was different to the two on my account! 

0 Kudos