Menu
bradders2020
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

S102 error stuck on 33%

Error message and stuck on channel load 33% after replacing my old Tivo for the the V6 Tivo.

Virgin media support desk hopeless at the moment. Cant get tech support! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: S102 error stuck on 33%

Hi bradders2020,

I'm sorry you are having issues. It's doing that because the box hasn't been activated yet. Make sure the box is connected to your internet.

According to the self help page for tv-error-codes/s102  you need to call VM.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
bradders2020
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot contact Virgin

Same here.

I cannot get my Tivo Box activated (S102 Error Code) and have a T3 timing issue with broadband.

I have been without service this week

Spent 3 hours on the phone last week.

Waiting 1 day for a return call from Tech only to receive a "Foreign voice" that sounded like a Robot who was not technical who could not help.  as coincidentally there was a general service fault in the area at the time, of which has now cleared. (I had to tell the Robot that by the way). They rang off without helping in the end.Totally useless support! 

I have been without service now this week and just been held and just cut off precisely, 1hr 3 mins of hold, Twice!!! Today.

Absolutely fed up up with this. Virgin customer support right now is a total shambles.

Virgin... I will not be paying my Bill and if this isn't sorted out within the next 24 hours will be moving to BT. !!

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bradders2020, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you're having some issues with the TV box and internet, this isn't good. 

I can certainly take a closer look but I'll need to grab some details first to access your account. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
bradders2020
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service and Support

I cannot get my Tivo Box activated (S102 Error Code) and have a T3 timing issue with broadband.

I have been without service this week

Spent 3 hours on the phone last week.

Waiting 1 day for a return call from Tech only to receive a "Foreign voice" that sounded like a Robot who was not technical who could not help.  as coincidentally there was a general service fault in the area at the time, of which has now cleared. (I had to tell the Robot that by the way). They rang off without helping in the end.Totally useless support! 

I have been without service now this week and just been held and just cut off precisely, 1hr 3 mins of hold, Twice!!! Today.

Absolutely fed up up with this. Virgin customer support right now is a total shambles.

Virgin... I will not be paying my Bill and if this isn't sorted out within the next 24 hours will be moving to BT. !!

0 Kudos
bradders2020
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

Thank you so much for your help. I have received and replied to your PM. Very grateful for such a prompt response in the Forum.

Missed the England v France game. So not a happy Bunny.

The area service issue Virgin were having locally seems to have been resolved 2nd / 3rd December, so If i can get my Tivo Box activated, then hopefully i might be able to get to see the Game on catch up may be.

Thanks for your help Emma.

0 Kudos
bradders2020
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Dave

Your support staff are not answering the phones!! Virgin service is ahambolic at the moment!!

Have a look elsewhere in the Forums. 

0 Kudos
bradders2020
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This is primarily a user community, newapollo isn't anymore Virgin staff than I am.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/s102 gives the correct advice to call and speak to Virgin Media staff.

Edit: I noticed you've posted in a couple of other threads for what appears to be the same issue. I've moved those posts to here, to avoid any further confusion 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
bradders2020
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As an update.

Emma_C has been on the case and has been Brilliant! and her VM colleague Paul.

We are not quite there yet but we now know exactly what my Tivo Box connection problem is. It will need a little further work by VM tomorrow but the problem is now getting dealt with.

Great work Emma and Paul. Thank you.

0 Kudos