Menu
Jeff0901
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

S101

Hi there,  Since the Thunderstorms on Tues evening / Wed Morning I've been getting the error code S101 and the V6 box stops loading at 16%.   

I have performed all required restarts, resets, checks, changed the white co-ax cable from my other box etc to no avail. I have tried calling today several times, but cannot get through to Virgin Support. could really do with some help to help resolve the issue. 

Many thanks

Jeff Richardson

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: S101

How is it "connected" to your Hub - ethernet or wifi?

Via the Home button can you get to settings>network> connection and remake the connection?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jeff0901
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, it is connected via wi-fi.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jeff,

virgin-tv-error-codes/s101  asks  you check to all connections and if the error still exists to call in to report the fault.

Have you tried swapping boxes round? This will help determine if it's a box fault or a signal fault.  I think it's a box fault.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling the faults line you will probably have to go through a series of tests, which may result in them sending out a new box. If you call back around 10 minutes after this then an agent should pick up the phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sound to me like it isnt connected via wifi at the moment.

What does it say when you look at the connection details i.e. - when does it say it was last connected? what "signal strength%" is it showing?

Can you connect with an ethernet cable (temporarily) just to see if it will overide the wifi and connect that way?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jeff0901
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks newapollo,

I will give them a call tomorrow morning first thing and try and avoid the queues.

Cheers

Jeff

0 Kudos
Jeff0901
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, it is telling me that I have a 68% signal strength.

Cheers

Jeff

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

68% should be fine - looks like it's summat else. See what they say when you get through in the morning (worth trying a text too).

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Jeff0901
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jeff0901

Thanks for posting and apologies for the TV issues. I've checked the systems and it does need an engineer visit. 

I'll PM you now to arrange

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos