Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

S101 error code after booster

Got the code S101 on second v6 box. All cables correct. Restarted box, spent 45 minutes on phone to virgin. My sent wifi booster has made no difference at all. Can anyone at Virgin help without me waiting half an hr to talk to someone please? It’s the common 16% loading problem. Is sending an engineer the next option? Many thanks, Nick 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: S101 error code after booster

Is the second V6 box a new install or have you had it a while and its been ok?
Try connecting it temporarily to the Hub with a long length of Cat5e ethernet cable (cheap on ebay/amazon) and see if that sorts it first.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers John for the tip. I’ve had the box about 18 months and never had a problem before. But as I’m paying extra for the box isn’t it up to virgin to sort it out rather than me forking out for extra leads, the second box is also way too far away from the hub for a lead to reach. So I guess I’m stuck. Another 45 minute phone call it may have to be

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the second box is way too far for an ethernet cable to reach (really? >50 metres ?) then it will certainly be too far for a stable wifi connection - particularly on the recommended 5GHz band - for it to connect/function correctly. You must have been really lucky for 18 months 🙂
If you dont want to spend any time or money on solving it yourself.. then call it in ..or wait on here for a day or two and see if the VM people here respond and can help any more

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos