cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S101 Error code

AmmarNeedsHelp
Tuning in

Hi All,

We’ve always had the TV bundle but barely ever really used it. Today we turned it on after a long time because we got an upgrade. Unfortunately however the TV is not finding any channels and is giving an S101 error code. I've disconnected and reconnected all of the white cables between the box leading from outside into the booster and then the TiVo box and rebooted it, however it just gets stuck on 16% channel information and then errors with S101 again.

Wondering if someone can help with getting a technician to see to it again or if there's something Virgin can do their end maybe because I'm not sure what else I can do from my side.

Thanks in advance,

Ammar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AmmarNeedsHelp wrote:

Hi All,

We’ve always had the TV bundle but barely ever really used it. Today we turned it on after a long time because we got an upgrade. Unfortunately however the TV is not finding any channels and is giving an S101 error code. I've disconnected and reconnected all of the white cables between the box leading from outside into the booster and then the TiVo box and rebooted it, however it just gets stuck on 16% channel information and then errors with S101 again.

Wondering if someone can help with getting a technician to see to it again or if there's something Virgin can do their end maybe because I'm not sure what else I can do from my side.

Thanks in advance,

Ammar

Hi Ammar,

What was the upgrade you've just received?

Error S101 can sometimes be due to local problems. Have you called the automated 0800 5610061 service if there's any known faults in your area? This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level that don 't show up in the online status checker

If it's not caused by local issues then it's usually due to the white coaxial cabling not being connected correctly. I know you said you've checked the white coxial, but make sure it is still connected firmly, to both your hub and set top box,  and free from any kinks.

Also double check your internet connection as this can sometimes cause that error. 

Go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection. When was the last successful connection?

Click on  "Connect to Virgin Media service" and wait around 30 minutes before rechecking, what does it say?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 16% error usually means your box doesn't have a working co-ax cable connection.

You've intimated that your V6 is rarely used - was it still connected and powered up in the intervening time?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes it was connected and powered up!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AmmarNeedsHelp wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks in advance,

Ammar

Hi Ammar,

What was the upgrade you've just received?

Error S101 can sometimes be due to local problems. Have you called the automated 0800 5610061 service if there's any known faults in your area? This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level that don 't show up in the online status checker

If it's not caused by local issues then it's usually due to the white coaxial cabling not being connected correctly. I know you said you've checked the white coxial, but make sure it is still connected firmly, to both your hub and set top box,  and free from any kinks.

Also double check your internet connection as this can sometimes cause that error. 

Go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection. When was the last successful connection?

Click on  "Connect to Virgin Media service" and wait around 30 minutes before rechecking, what does it say?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for responding!

Yes, I’ve done both! There are no issues in our area and the internet connection is fine. I can watch on demand but can’t watch any live TV

I’ve also checked that the coxial cable was connected firmly both ways and it looks okay to me

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Ammar,

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and help.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi @AmmarNeedsHelp,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been facing some issues with your TV service recently. I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults currently. Are these problems still present for you today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zack,

thanks for getting back to me.

yes unfortunately the channels are still not loading. We can’t watch any live TV.

I’ve ensured all wires are plugged in properly and tried loads of times.

regards,

This was happening to me a few days ago and someone on here advised me to do this.

Quote: You could also trying switching off the box and unplugging the white coaxial cable from the back and then switch back on again. Wait for it to get stuck on 16%, and then reconnect the white coaxial cable, Unquote

I did that and it worked, but it took awhile, I turned the TV off [not the box] and turned it on a few hours later and it was ok, it will probably do it again but it's ok for now.

Thanks I’ll give this ago