Menu
drlewisac
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Rugby recording errors

A couple of times recently the rugby (BT sport) had the correct time in the guide, but has recorded something random instead. The last time I noticed it was the challenge cup and Toulon Scarlets recorded only the first 5 minutes twice.

Today, the premiership semi finals were planned for 13:15 and 15:45. I instead have 2 identical 3h 46 minute recordings from 14:15.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rugby recording errors

Were these manual recordings or using series links?

Both programmes recorded perfectly for me, although I was also watching live.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
drlewisac
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Japitts,

They're series links. In this case it would have been recording the F1 at the time of the first game, but it shouldn't have caused a clash.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Check your recording hiccups folder, what's reported in there?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
drlewisac
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good thought. Just a recording for the F1 that wasn't made for a duplicate and another show because it's not new

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Without seeing your Series Link settings to have it is hard to say. For live sports you should set "RECORD:" to "NEW" and it will do one of the best quality available.

Did it put the team names in the recording?

@drlewisac wrote:

A couple of times recently the rugby (BT sport) had the correct time in the guide, but has recorded something random instead. The last time I noticed it was the challenge cup and Toulon Scarlets recorded only the first 5 minutes twice.

Today, the premiership semi finals were planned for 13:15 and 15:45. I instead have 2 identical 3h 46 minute recordings from 14:15.

Any ideas?

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
drlewisac
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's one of the interesting things, there's not a lot of information on the recording, just that it's premiership rugby and it's 14:15-18:00. Obviously you usually get more details than that

For the record, it's set to record new only and record 30 minutes after the end of the program. The series link has been set up like this for 2 years now with no issues until recently.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The teams were added late so your guide might not have updated in time.

My guess is it recorded the first one twice as it was still generic and have not updated the teams. If generic it will record all occurances. It will only record one when it knows the actual event.

I guess it then losts the second one because it ran out of tuners.  It would still have been using two for the 30 minutes padding from the first game and most likely more for the F1 and anything else.

@drlewisac wrote:

That's one of the interesting things, there's not a lot of information on the recording, just that it's premiership rugby and it's 14:15-18:00. Obviously you usually get more details than that

For the record, it's set to record new only and record 30 minutes after the end of the program. The series link has been set up like this for 2 years now with no issues until recently.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@drlewisac 

Do you have a TiVo or a V6? I'm tending to agree with ozsat's theory - I'd only add 2 caveats.. the teams weren't known until Wednesday sometime IIRC, and I'm sure the second game was also originally scheduled for Sunday rather than Saturday.

And the TiVo only has 3 recording tuners, the V6 has 6....

0 Kudos