cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router on modem mode

Billy5561
Joining in

I have just changed my router to modem mode and I now have 2 solid white lights on my tivo v6 box,can anyone tell me what this means, I  did this because the wifi was so bad I  have added another router for wifi and it is much better. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your V6 connects to your home broadband to provide an internet connection, this connection is ideally by Ethernet cable but can be wireless.

If you've got a new router and the V6 is connected wirelessly, then you need to teach the V6 your new WiFi details. Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network to do so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your V6 connects to your home broadband to provide an internet connection, this connection is ideally by Ethernet cable but can be wireless.

If you've got a new router and the V6 is connected wirelessly, then you need to teach the V6 your new WiFi details. Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network to do so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cheers bud