cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset an app?

paulthatcher33
Joining in

Is there a way to reset a particular app back to its default setting or uninstall/reinstall one? One of the kids have put a parental pin code within the setting of YouTube Kids.

The app states that to  remove the pin if forgotten it must be uninstalled and then reinstalled but I can find no option for this.

Any help greatly appreciated

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @paulthatcher33 

I'm not sure if the following will work but pelase give it a try.

Some Apps & Games on your Virgin TV V6 box can be locked using your normal PIN. (This is usually 1234)

To see the list of apps that can be locked, and to change which apps are locked:

1. Press Home on the remote
  2. Select Help & Settings
  3. Select Parental Controls
  4. Enter your PIN
  5. Select Lock Apps & Games

You’ll see the Apps in a list, and you can mark them as Blocked, Locked or Unlocked:

• Blocked - no one can access the app and it will not be shown on your V6 box
  • Locked - you’ll have to enter your Virgin TV PIN before the accessing this app
  • Unlocked - anyone can access this app

If the above doesn't work you could also try to clear your boxes cache, you can do this by doing the following

Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play

Fingers crossed one of the above work for you.

Whether they do or don't please get back and update the thread as it may help others with the same problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, an app on a V6/360 can't be "reset" in the way you hope - it's preinstalled, VM's boxes don't work in the same way as Android/iOS mobile devices.

The PIN for locking YouTube is the same one as for any other parental control option, if you've forgotten that - I *think* there's a reset option somewhere in the menus but can't check at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
YouTube Kids is a different app though and has additional controls built into it that the main YouTube app doesn't
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @paulthatcher33.

Welcome to the community! Did any of the above advise work or have you managed to get access to the app now?

Let us know if you are still having issues and we can see if we can get this resolved for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Sadly none of the above suggestions worked and the apps settings are still locked out. Can you factory reset the box but keep the recordings? Or can you back up the recordings to an external device before hand?

Regards

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paulthatcher33 wrote:

Sadly none of the above suggestions worked and the apps settings are still locked out. Can you factory reset the box but keep the recordings? Or can you back up the recordings to an external device before hand?

No - this is not how VM TV boxes work.

I'm not sure what the answer to your issue with YouTube kids is, but this isn't it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks