Menu
trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Repost on TV VE

I posted this earlier  this last week to get some numpty state I can't have a V6 box as I don't have broadband in my package, I take it they couldn't read a sentence to the end to see I fulfil the criteria they were demanding I have to be grated a shiny new V6 box, ISTHERE A VM MEMBER OUT THERE TO EXPLAIN WHY  I CAN'T HAVE ONE.

I was offered a upgrade to the V6 box last July 2018 just as I renewed my contract, I waited and waited and rang to be told there is a back log, and left it, again renewal time July 2019, I asked again, no problem Sir, it will be deliver soon, waited and waited, them price increase, so I queried the price hike and got a reduction, so I asked again about the elusive  V6 box, no Sir your not entitled to the upgrade, but I have TV and Broadband and phone, NO NO NO, great just as I renewed, anyone out there offer some support as that's all I get off customer service "you'll not entitled to upgrade" considering VM put the statement out in 2018

Virgin Media has announced this week that they will be offering existing Virgin TV customers a free upgrade to their V6 box, giving them access to the very best connected entertainment experience alongside ultrafast broadband

So  whats the answer and is it worth asking for one, as reading some of the posts the answer is a NO

https://www.virgin.com/news/all-virgin-tv-customers-offered-v6-upgrade

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repost on TV VE

@trowelhand wrote:

I posted this earlier  this last week to get some numpty state I can't have a V6 box as I don't have broadband in my package, I take it they couldn't read a sentence to the end to see I fulfil the criteria they were demanding I have to be grated a shiny new V6 box, <snip>

If you actually read the reply to your post, and allowed some time for it to sink in, you would realise the reply you were given was pointing out the headline was wrong and therefore, the body of the story may well be. It was not aimed at you, rather the misinformation (or rather limited information) on the social channels VM promote. So the SU that replied was agreeing with you..

Which means you were doing the exact thing you accuse that "Numpty" of....which makes you a?

Other than that, common sense would dictate the upgrade will be rolled out over time. VM cannot instantly zap a new V6 box into every customers house as

• The technology to do that doesn't exist
  • It would be irresponsible as obviously they need to allow for CSC supporting (potentially) every self install.
  • They have to allow for every install MAYBE going wrong and requiring an engineer.

So whilst the headline, that VM are going to offer a free upgrade to everyone, may well be true...

It will be a phased upgrade and likely they will contact you when yours is going to be upgraded. In exactly the same way they have with the VHD boxes.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your kind educated words, but I wasnt expecting a V6 box to be zapped instantly in my home but a 2 year period of promises and renewal of contracts has persuded me to have negative thoughts towards VM and their upgrading of loyal customers equipment.   But again I thank you for you kind words and take on board what you have pointed out and bow to your insight and wise wisdom.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You're  welcome. I get that a lot.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, thank you for the advice, I have until July 2020 to choose a better provider of TV, phone and broadband based on you direction and truths that Virgin Media can't deliver on their promises to exting customers, again thank you to opening my eyes to the poor service of Virgin Media, keep up the good work.

0 Kudos