Menu
StaceyR
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Replacing remote control

Hello,

My Virgin Media remote works, however, the volume (both up and down) and mute buttons do not. I have tried all options mentioned in previous thread posts but to no avail. 

I tried calling CS this evening at 5pm (the website said 6pm closing for Sundays) but I was told that all call centres were currently closed because of COVID-19.

How do I go about requesting a replacement remote please?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacing remote control

The replacment remote will have the same issue, you need to program it to control the volume or use your TV handset 

0 Kudos
StaceyR
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply!

The issue is that my Toshiba TV remote suddenly stopped working this afternoon (no buttons work whatsoever) yet my Virgin one fully works except the volume and mute (that too randomly happened this afternoon). Any ideas what could be the issue? I've tried repairing, using the codes and nothing has changed. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That sounds like the TV itself is not receiving the signal to change the volume, try unplugging it from the wall and back on and also make sure nothing is covering the tvs remote sensor

0 Kudos
StaceyR
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I tried unplugging it, leaving it for a while but still no luck several hours down the line.

Just out of interest, if I wanted to set my Virgin remote to act as the main remote for my TV too, would you happen to know the code I'd need to put in? I noted down the codes I tried before, perhaps it is one that never appeared. 

I have a Toshiba (model number 32L3753DB).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stacey,

this is a link to  a list of all makes of TV remote codes. TV Codes 

The listed ones for Toshiba are:-

0018 0025 0039 0044 0045 0075 0101 0119 0128 0141 0143
0145 0165 0195 0227 0247 0369 0379 0460 0642 0658 0713
0810 0813 0814

Plus a full guide to programming the remote  Using the remote 

EDIT

Have you tried searching for an app on Google Play or  Apple App store etc to control  your TV? 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
StaceyR
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for the codes and the link. I'll try them this morning and let you know what happens. 

I know Virgin has an app that you can use on your phone to control the TV but what's the security like on it? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Stacey,

I can only talk on a  personal level, but I have no issues with the security on the TV Control app.

The worst anybody could do is purchase movies using the app, if they can be bothered scrolling through all the menu's on the remote conrol pad. Even then they would need to know the pin number for your box. As an added security you could always sign out each time you used the app.

I've been sat in the pub and used the app to record a program, so it's handy even away from home.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos