Menu
duncanmccue
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Replacement of V6 1TB Box

I an a Virgin customer with a TV, Broadband and Phone VIP contect. 

I contacted Virgin Media via text chat because my Virgin TV V6 1TB box was faulty. The Adviser I eventually chatted with agreed to send me a replacement Virgin TV box which I have recently received. I have successfully set up my replacement box but note that it is only a Samsung Tivo 500gb box. Why have I been given a sub standard tv box replacement with only half the storage capacity of my last box. 

I can supply the full details of each box if required

How do I speak to a Virgin Customer Service Adviser to obtain a like for like replacement? There is no diect method of doing this.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement of V6 1TB Box

There have been some issues with localised stocks of V6 boxes in some areas, I wouldn't bet against this being the reason - in which case being issued a TiVo is considered better than nothing as a temporary measure.

The method of following this up is usually to call into Virgin C/S by the usual number - 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
duncanmccue
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. I've tried contacting Virgin Customer service via 150 or theirt contact phone numbwer but just keep being referred back to their website. 

How do I speak to an Adviser - by phone or text??

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Indeed, the IVR tries to discourage you from queuing by offering inducements. Press this to go online, press something else for self-service or to "go online".

Ignore these suggestions and don't press anything. Stay on the line and the queue should be next.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
duncanmccue
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks japitts. I'll try that approach and get back in touch if it doesn't work

0 Kudos
duncanmccue
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again Jaypitts. As advised rang 150 and stayed online without hitting any option buttons - after about 10 minutes passed straight throuygh to an Adviser. Unfortunately she was unable to help resolve my issue so forwarded my call onto the Technical Team. After a long 55 minutes the call was answered by the Team and I had my problem resolved within 5 minutes. They're sending me a new V6 1TB Box by post which I will set up. 

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos