Menu
cnn_man
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Replacement Virgin Tivo Box v6 following lightning storm

Hi,

Following the lightining storm in Edinburgh on Friday night it seems like our Tivo box is no longer working.

When I power it off and then on, an orange light appears for around 30 seconds then no light and no signal to the TV. I have tested with another TV and no signal there either.

I have tried calling 150, waited for over an hour only to be told "the other person has cleared". I can't see any other way to contact Virgin to request a replacement. Any advice?

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement Virgin Tivo Box v6 following lightning storm

@cnn_man wrote:

I have tried calling 150, waited for over an hour only to be told "the other person has cleared". I can't see any other way to contact Virgin to request a replacement. Any advice?

Sadly not an uncommon experience at the moment. The advice, and you won't like this, is to call back 😞

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cnn_man
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement Virgin Tivo Box v6 following lightning storm

UPDATE:

I think Virgin Media must have recognised that the problem had affected a number of their customers in my area, because they sent me a text with an engineer booking. This happened today, the engineer recognised our box was fried and replaced it with a new one.

0 Kudos