Menu
louismiles
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Replacement V6 box stuck in restart loop

So I recently had an issue with my V6 box where it had no sound and was taking around 30 mins to start up, having got in touch with customer services they sent me a new V6 box as it sounds like my old one was dead.

Unfortunately the new V6 box also isn't working and is just stuck in a restarting loop! The light on the front is orange and then flashes for a bit before restarting. It only ever get's as far as the "Welcome" screen before restarting

It could be a second dodgey V6 box (although guessing this is unlikely??) or maybe something needs to be activated so the new box is recognised? If not guessing I may now need to book an engineer if possible! 

If one of the Virgin team could let me know best way forward that would be great 🙂

L

Just as a quick list of things I have already tried....

Turning it off and on again (lots)
Trying different HDMI cable
Trying different ethernet cable
Restart internet (internet working fine)
Try different port on router
Doing a "hard reset" (restart the power while holding power and + on the v6 box)

None of the above has helped 😞

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement V6 box stuck in restart loop

Your box does sound unwell..

@louismiles wrote:

If one of the Virgin team could let me know best way forward that would be great 🙂😞

You may not like to hear this, but you are best calling VM faults to report this. You've done all that I can think of, and then some.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
louismiles
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried that but unfortunately the number wouldn't even connect!

Would rather one of the VM team on here could organise via PM if possible as there are huge queues on the phone lines (when they're working at all!). I think the official guidance is only to call if your query can't wait otherwise go via the forums

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've just tried calling faults myself, and got put in the queue first time of trying.

This is primarily a user-community forum, and is not intended as an alternative to phone-based fault reporting. VM staff monitor these threads, but are prioritising responses where peer-based support can't resolve.

Everyone who wants to call VM at the moment is in the same boat.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
louismiles
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Interesting - they were certainly down earlier when I tried!

While I do understanding where your coming from I will have to respectfully disagree with your assesment. VM have made multiple statements recently that due to the lockdown the phone lines are extremely busy and should be avoided where possible. The fault was originally reported by phone (hence me now having 2 seperate V6 boxes neither of which are working). 

If a VM staff members says that this must be reported via the faults line then of course that is what I shall do however historically the asisstance I have recieved on the forums FAR exceeds that from the faults line the the VM forum staff has always been happy to provide this assistance (especially for something relatively straightforward like booking an engineer visit).

0 Kudos
louismiles
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have now managed to get in contact with a VM staff member and a technician is booked. Will mark this case as closed as any further diagnostics can be handled by the technician.

0 Kudos