Menu
RIggsy68
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Replacement V6 Box

Good afternoon. We currently have two V6 boxes, one in the lounge and one in our bedroom. The one in the bedroom works absolutely fine, and in the few years we have had it, I have never had to reset it for any reason. The one in the lounge is a different story, and I'm constantly having to reset it for various issues, such as refusing to play Catch Up, On Demand, Sky Movies and Amazon Prime. The thing that annoys me most is when watching YouTube videos, the sound sometimes stutters and it struggles with 4K videos. If I watch YouTube through my Smart TV, there are no problems whatsoever (using the same Internet obviously). With all this in mind, does it should like it's the V6 box causing problems, and if so, how do I get a replacement? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement V6 Box

All the services you've mentioned as not working are internet-based.

How is your V6 connected to your homehub? Do you get any error messages or codes when you have problems streaming?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what's reported in the top-right? And if you're using WiFi, what's the signal strength reported as?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Help > (top of screen) > TV Speed test, what does this report?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
RIggsy68
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement V6 Box

Hi. Both V6's are connected to the Hub wirelessly. We do get codes come up on screen, but I can't remember what they are. I'm not home at the moment, but when I am I'll go through the settings / data, and report back. 

What I don't understand is some of the services I've mentioned (YouTube, Amazon Prime) work fine on my Smart TV.

0 Kudos