Menu
Mags155
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Replacement HDMI cable

I often get a distorted picture and recently replaced my tv thinking it was that but still happening. I moved the HDMI cable slightly today and the picture went off completely even although the cable was still plugged in so think there is an issue. Do Virgin supply replacements and if so how do I order one?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement HDMI cable

Try a different HDMI cable, one that you know is working

This should show if the problem is due to a poor HDMI cable, or if it's the actual HDMI port on your V6

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm not 100% sure whether VM can currently supply replacements or not.

Regardless, in the case of HDMI cables, these are easily sourced from online retailers. There's some useful advice on the different standards on tech-hive here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mags155
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I have a hdmi from an old Xbox console. I am using that for now but wasn’t sure if that was ok

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The coax cabling that provides TV & broadband signals into your VM kit needs to be supplied by VM.

The HDMI from your V6 > TV, and Ethernet from superhub > wired devices, is perfectly acceptable to source yourself.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi the correct HDMI cable for a V6 is a high speed 4K one, as others have said they are easy to get and not expensive. Regards Micky
0 Kudos