Menu
fintail99
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Replacement Cable.

Hi there,

The cable that is between the wall outlet and router has been damaged. Is Virgin able to send me a replacement with connectors already fitted? If not, please suggest where I can buy from. If I need to buy, please advise of the exact type of cable required and the type of connector at either end.

Thank you,

Ketan

LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement Cable.

Hi I believe they may send short length of cable like they do for self install, but any cable of any length will need an engineer to install as this is not a DIY thing as it will affect the signal levels, and you can't buy the special cable that virgin use it has to be supplied and fitted by an engineer. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unless (and I don't think you do) you mean the white flylead that connects the coax to a V6 box, all VM's cabling forms part of their network and should only be installed & maintained by VM staff.

The obvious thing to ask is whether you're actually having any service issues with your TV or broadband? Can you post some photos of the damage, as this may help further? If the damage is only cosmetic and not causing any issues, VM may take the view that changing it is unnecessary in the current climate and can be deferred until indoor working policies change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
fintail99
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts,

Yes, it's the short flylead (with screw ends) that connects the router to the wall outlet, so would not require an engineer. I spoke to VM earlier and was advised that it could take 3 weeks for an engineer to visit, and that a replacement flylead could not be posted. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi fintail99,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank  you for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear that some of your cabling has become damaged. I'm afraid that it is true that we are unable to send out these flyleads/coaxial cable as a delivery, I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

However we are able to arranged an engineer visit so that the cabling can be replaced that way - I've checked and we are definitely able to get someone out to you much sooner, so I have booked in the next available engineer appointment for you. I hope that's okay. We cannot confirm the appointment time slots from here I'm afraid, so to view the time slot please sign into your My Virgin Media account/app.

Let us know if you need anything else! Have a great weekend 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
fintail99
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Beth, engineer visited, all resolved.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know fintail99. 

Please get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Nat 

Nat
0 Kudos