Menu
Argyle1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replaceing TIVO box

Hi. I currently have had the V6 in front room and an old TIVO in bedroom for a couple of years now. 

The old box is extremely slow and  obviously outdated.  Anyone know if VM happily replace 2nd boxes? Know when V6 first come out that they wouldn't but wondering if that's changed before I approach them.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Pawan_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replaceing TIVO box

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician I can give you a few tips for example make sure all connections are tight from the back of the hub to the isolater then do a hard rest which can be found at the back of the hub

All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No problem swapping Tivo for V6 did mine years ago - its a quantum leap better - as you already know - but Its not "free" anymore though.
There will be a charge and increased rental. Best bet is to call in and negotiate a new package where V6's are standard and then those costs can be waived.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Argyle1980
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply John.

Might give them a call and enquire. Called them at the start of lockdown to mute my sky sports and they just offered ot up free for 6 months straight away with no haggling at all, he then told me my package was extremely old and said he could try and save me even more money but it included losing the kids Channels, which would go down like a lead balloon with my 2 year old.

When I signed up to Virgin in 2016 from the canvasser that come round after they cabled our street he offered me a second TiVo box for the bedroom completely free, he said at the time it was very rare for VM to give out second TiVos, especially for free so this sounds like what they are now doing with the V6.

Wondering what would happen if my bedroom TIVO developed a fault or packed up and what they'd replace it with. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I got a free V6 swap - but that was 2-3 years ago - they have never offered it again (afaik) since then. Calling an negotiating a new package is the best option.
They would replace the "broken" (ahem!) Tivo with another Tivo.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos