Menu
keithrob
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Replace TIVO box with second V6

How do I get a second V6 box to replace the TIVO one?

Is there a one off cost and an additional monthly charge?

Can it be self installed or does an engineer have to come out to change the boxes over?

Any info gratefully received.

keithrob

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replace TIVO box with second V6

You will need to call Virgin Medai C/S to discuss this, but before you do...

Are you asking about replacing your single TiVo with a single V6? If so - be sure you have VM broadband (for this is a requirement), and take a look over the new bundles on the VM website (try https://store.virginmedia.com/build-your-bundle to get an idea of pricing - although be aware of "new customer" discounts vs standard prices) to have an idea of what packages are available. You will probably be negotiating to move to a new TV package and re-contract for 12/18months in return for the box-swap and possibly a discount.

Or are you asking about adding a multiroom subscription, and having more than one box in the house? Some sections of the VM website will give some prices for this, but I wouldn't place bets on those being accurate and this can very often depend on your bundle & package.

If it's a straight box-swap, this can often be done via self-serve "Quick Start" - if you want additional coax points installed for additional boxes, this will require an engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos