Menu
PO1981
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Replace 1st Gen Tivo box with v6 - not 360

Good Morning,

We currently have 3x Tivo boxes on our VM contract consisting of 2x v6 with the third one being an older 1st generation Tivo box.  The older box although still working is starting to get quite noisy, which in a bedroom environment isn't ideal and is also noticibly slower when compared to the v6 boxes.

Would it still be possible to replace the 1st generation box for another v6?  I'm aware of the new Virgin 360 TV service but we're not ready to make the jump at this time as we like the option of having three standalone boxes...

Thanks

Paul

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replace 1st Gen Tivo box with v6 - not 360

It's perfectly possible to ask VM for a box-swap, there's normally 2 ways of doing this..

1: TiVo is diagnosed faulty, and you ask the faults agent and/or any engineer nicely. They might say yes, they might say no.

2: If you've had your bundle for a while and are renegotiating your package (with an 18month new contract) then ask for a box-swap as part of the deal.

To be blunt for a moment - the only way to know for sure, is to ask VM when you call them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos