Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Remote wont connect to V 6 Box

Hi

My Remote wont connect to my V6 Box, I have tried pairing the usual way and it doesn’t work, I have a spare remote and that’s still the same.

I have reset the V6 Box and its still the same, I have installed the App on my Mobile, that works no problem, what is the issue with using the Remote why wont it connect ( Pair ) I have a Panasonic TV and gone through all the pin numbers listed by Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote wont connect to V 6 Box

Are you trying to pair to the V6 (which is what the start of your post says), or trying to connect the remote top your Panasonic TV (when you talk about having gone through all the pin numbers these only apply to controlling TVs, not the V6)?

If it works on your TV but not the V6 then it most likely needs new batteries as it takes more power to control the V6 (via RF) than it does the TV (via IR).

Keith

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keith

I am trying to pair it to the V6 Box, I have a spare remote tried that one as well  nothing works, I downloaded the APP that works fine.

When my son was using the TV it was switching between channels by its self, so guess I will give Virgin a call, looks like a problem with the unit itself as neither of the V6 Remotes will connect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Robbied58.

I can see there is currently a known area fault which may be affecting your services, this may be in relation to this not working. If, when this ends, you're still having some trouble please do get back in touch.

The information on the fault are below:

Reference: F007555517
Estimated repair: 29 NOV 2019 14:05

Thank you, Emily.