Menu
RickS22
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Remote will not flash green

HI,

I am trying to program my remote so that I can use the volume etc on my TV. I have tried to follow the instructions for doing this but when i press Clear and TV at the same time, the remote will not flash green.

It just stays inactive. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Looney76
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote will not flash green

how long are you holding the tv and clear buttons for?  (I always press and hold the tv button half a second before the clear button). You should hold them both down together for around 2-3 secs before it flashes green then you can enter the code and press ok. Or if the codes aren't working then you can press and hold tv and clear for 2-3 secs and it should flash green twice then you can enter 999 and it should flash green twice again then you keep pressing channel up on the control until the tv turns off. Once it does press ok to confirm the pairing. If the control refuses to flash green the only thing I have done in the past that has worked is take the batteries out and then wait 10secs while pressing a few buttons then put the batteries back into the controller. Other than that you will probably need a new controller. 

0 Kudos
Mobs
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If the green light isnt flashing, please replace the batteries as this can indicate they are running low.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
RickS22
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tried that the other day but still no joy.

0 Kudos
RickS22
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I tried holding clear first then tv. Tv first then clear. Holding them for anywhere up to 10-15 secs.

0 Kudos