Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Remote unpaired

Hi my volume control wasn’t working so I unpaired it to try and re pair it but can’t do anything with it now. I followed instructions to press and hold the channel down button on the box but it didn’t make any difference. 
please help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote unpaired

Have you changed the batteries to a new set of non-rechargable ones?

Pairing seems to be the first thing to fail when the batteries need replacing.

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ve only had the box and remote for 2 weeks so it’s still new so it’s not the batteries as it’s been working fine. I have unpaired it and don’t know how to pair it again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are any menu options working on the V6?

Details on how to re-pair to the tv are in the help section of the menus.

It could still be the batteries need replacing as you don't know how old they are.

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It’s not the batteries I’ve checked them. I tried to follow the instructions which said to unpair it and now I can’t do anything with it and it’s so frustrating 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ang2004,

Sorry to see you are having problems with the remote.

Have you tried re-setting the remote via this method? tv-remote/not-working-v6/set-up 

You could also try downloading the TV Control app which performs the same functions as the remote.  https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

This app can also be used as a remote to set up the actual physical remote by clicking on the hamburger icon in the top left corner and selecting Remote Control, then

1. Press Home on the remote
  2. Select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Devices
  5. Remote Control Pairing
  6. You then have the options to unpair all V6 remotes or pair new V6 remote

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ang2004,  unpairing and repairing the remote will just enable your V6 boxes remote to work via bluetooth on that V6 box.In an unpaired state it can be used in IR mode. The advantage of using the remote in BT mode is increased range and it can not interfere with any other V6 boxes that may be near by.

if you want to enable IR mode you can go to "help and settings",settings ,then devices then pair remote,press and hold clear until green light flashes,then thumbs down 3 times.all the instructions are on screen. I would recommend using the standard BlueTooth paired mode ,but use whatever you want.

For your TV volume to work it needs to be programmed for your TV not paired.

once you have your V6 remote in a working state and are able to navigate the V6 boxes menu's (in either BT or IR mode) go to "help and settings",then "help" then "Programme your remote" follow the on screen info,once done you will be able to control your TV's volume,mute and also turn the TV on and off with the V6's remote.

Virgin's youtube guide here www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSloQ7y6xkk to program it.

gl

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi Stigmata, oh thank you so much for those instructions...it worked eventually after trying about 20 codes then having to scan but got there eventually! Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Ang2004.

Great to hear the issue has been resolved.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks, Emily