Menu
Jackles29
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Remote not working

My remote has suddenly stopped working - have tried everything suggested but still no luck. Tried using the TV control app but if I use that it won’t let me access the remote. Currently on the phone to virgin and so far have waited 30 minutes.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote not working

Hi Jackles29,

You need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111,options 1,1 and 2 (Faults),but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

The TV Control app works as a replacement remote with the V6 so should be working for you as you've posted in the V6 forum. Perhaps you need to uninsatll and reinstall the app

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post Jackles29

Sorry to see your remote has died

Looks like you may have been able to speak to our team this morning to order a new remote, has this now been processed for you?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Jackles29
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good advice to ring at 8am - got through straightaway! Spoke to a very nice guy who is going to send me a new remote.

Thanks again for your help 👍

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Awesome!

Thanks for updating us @Jackles29, do please let us know if you need any further assistance

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos