Menu
Rob2390
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Remote not working

My remote has stopped working properly and will not re-set. I've tried changing the batteries, holding down clear & TV but nothing happens. Even tried resetting from the V6 box but still nothing. 

I've looked on the website and seem to be going round in circles. Also tried calling Virgin but the automated message says due to COVID they're closed!

Please HELP! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote not working

Hi the phones are not closed just reduced hours 8am till 8pm call 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and go down the TV faults route they will send you a new one in the post. Regards Micky
keithse
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

(C&P of what I've just said on another thread...)

To get a replacement remote you can also text (not call) Virgin on 07533 051 809 and you can get one for free in about a week, or you can wait a day or two for a member of staff to pick up this thread (and that, including posting the remote, will probably take at least the same amount of time for you to get one).

On the text number there's an "automated-bot" initially that'll reply, but once you've gone through that and it's satisfied itself it'll forward the query to a VM Rep.  There can be a day or so delay on the Rep getting back to you at the moment due to Covid, but after that it should be sorted.

Keith

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Buzzer247
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They're less than a fiver to buy on ebay, not worth the hassle

Rob2390
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator