Menu
sarahjmoose
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Remote not working

My remote for TiVo t6 only works sometimes. I have changed batteries and it is paired up. It keeps freezing I have had this problem for s while and need new remote please? Cheers Sarah

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote not working

Hi in normal times the way to achieve this was to phone 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and go down the TV faults route and they will send you a new one in the post, i believe that the phones are operating a bit better now try first thing 8am just after they open. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
sarahjmoose
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks but I can't get through on the phone. Is there anyway I can get a new remote sent though here?

0 Kudos
keithse
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can text (not call) Virgin on 07533 051 809 and you can get one for free in about a week, or you can wait for a member of staff to pick up this thread (which will, including posting the remote, probably take at least the same amount of time for you to get one)

There's an "automated-bot" initially that'll reply on the text number, but once you've gone through that and it's satisfied itself it'll forward the query to a VM rep.  There's a day or so delay on the Rep getting back to you at the moment due to Covid (and I don't know if tomorrow being Sunday may extend that by another day), but after that it should be sorted.

I texted on a Tuesday, got a VM Rep by the Wednesday lunch time and received the new remote in the post on the following Wednesday.

In the mean time you could use the Virgin TV Control app as a remote if you install it on your phone.

Keith

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey sarahjmoose,

I can arrange this for you, if you haven't been able to get in touch with the team.

I will pop over a private message in a few moments, please respond to this message, so that we can pass account security and get your remote control ordered.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos