Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote not syncing with hitachi tv

got new remote and still having same problems, same error code saying technical glitch 

go through scan mode 0999 press channels up tv goes off save it but didn’t control volume done same over and over again still not working 

tried entering the codes from the tv page on line none work 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about this painter23, as there so many manufacturers and models around its not always possible for us to guarantee compatibility between our boxes and TV's, straight away. We do get new codes from manufacturers all the time, so it maybe worth checking the codes every now and then to see if your tv's now compatible.

Thanks

Steven_L  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I under stand but what dose the error code mean that comes up when I enter H for the tv make 

and why when I do the press program button it turns tv off but not work when turn tv on and volume not work...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

pr4/5000 Is the code 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

So it works on to turn the TV off but not the volume and turning the TV on, that is really strange that it would do that.

Was this the same with the old remote? 

pr4/5000 is an internal issue with the TV codes screen. Is this a recent thing for you or has it be going on since you first posted? 

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The error code has been on from day dot and it turns tv off when you do the 0999 and keep pressing channel up turns tv off I then hold down ok to save it, use the hitachi tv remote to turn tv on and the volume didn’t work. Same with old and new remote.

yesterday I tried the box down stairs to see if it had same fault code as up in bed room and came up with same fault code. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Please could you try to reset the V6 box? This may clear the issue, if you could turn it off at the plug and wait for 30 seconds and then turn it back on. It may take around 5 mins to come back on. Please could you give this ago if you haven't already and see if it clears the issue.

If you have done this already then the team may need to look into this further, we can do this via online chat, if thats ok with you. If so please click on the link that should appear on the right hand side of the screen.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have followed the videos online, the instructions posted on this thread and also followed the ones on screen, with  no joy.

When the remote is searching for the right code, the TV will switch off, but when I turn it back on, it is not synced.

So basically, exactly the same issues as painter23.

I haven't asked for a new remote though, can you order me one ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have followed the videos online, the instructions posted on this thread and also followed the ones on screen, with no joy.

When the remote is searching for the right code, the TV will switch off, but when I turn it back on, it is not synced.

So basically, exactly the same issues as painter23.

I haven't asked for a new remote though, can you order me one ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I don’t think it was/is a problem with the remote, dose the same things with old and new one.

i have found with the virgin people you never get a straight answer and they never read what is in the feed as I outlined all of what was wrong and what I had done and they still ask the questions I had already said had done 🙈 basically I think they don’t have a clue why it didn’t work 

0 Kudos