Menu
simonsmith5521
Joining in
Message 11 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote not responding

well my V6 box crashed just after 24hrs and after a flick of the switch off and on, it wouldnt switch on!

it kept showing a downloading symbol in the middle of the screen and then restart, like it was stuck in a loop, i was not happy!

engineer came out after 3 days and replaced the box as was a 100% faulty box and had no problems with remote or v6 as got both of them replaced

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi simonsmith5521,

I'm really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with this but glad to hear the technician sorted it out for you.

Pop back to the Community if you need anything else.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
barmyarmy66
Up to speed
Message 13 of 55
Flag for a moderator

The fault has been present since January so take a wild guess...

...no resolution only half baked workarounds.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 14 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi barmyarmy66

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your remote not responding, we're working hard to resolve the issues from the ticket Kath has mentioned in our initial reply and hope to have some updates for you soon.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Higuys
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I have had a V6 box for about 18 months and my V6 remote has started to do the same as barmyarmy66 I phoned Virgin and they sent me a new remote but the new one does the same the only thing that I can do is use my old Tivo (that is not affected) remote and do a restart from the settings menu, that gets it working without pairing, powering off at the mains did not work. The problem can occur 2 days in a row or not for a week it is not consistent.

I think I may have narrowed the problem down to a Mercedes car remote locking, on 2 occasions that my remote stopped working there was one parked outside my house, is that possible?

0 Kudos
Higuys
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Is there a forum team member willing to reply to my problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi Higuys,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with getting your remote control working. 

As simple as it sounds, have you tried repairing the remote with the V6 box? If not follow these steps to do this:

1. Go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Remote Control Pairing.

2. Press and hold the Info button for 7 seconds until the light at the top of the remote goes solid green then flashes green twice.

I have checked the system and can see that there is still a known issue that could be the cause of this and due to the complexity of this issue our engineers are still investigating this.

As far as I'm aware the car locking should not be the cause of this but I will pass this on to the team that are investigating this.

NKE00008484: V6 (Remote not responding): The box no longer responds to key presses from the remote control. The work around for this is a reboot which you've advised does clear the issue so we may need to keep doing that for now while this issue is ongoing. 

Once we have an update, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Higuys
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 55
Flag for a moderator

when it first happened I phoned Virgin and they sent me a new remote, I paired the new remote but after a day or so that stopped working but the original one was still working. 

Virgin have made a software update without telling anyone and it is screwing things up eg I have a programme that is on BBC and Dave (repeats) to record both I have set it to record all channels which has worked well but now it has started recording the same programme on all of the BBC channels at the same time, so I have been getting clashes and not recording programmes I want. This is a recent problem 

0 Kudos
tizzy1
Tuning in
Message 19 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Just adding here so you can see that another user has the same Issue. 

Only a reboot works, and this also affects Virgin TV control app. There should be a fix for this by now.

Yet again - VM, the UX lets your service down, with some annoying bug on sub par hardware.

0 Kudos
morriphoto
Tuning in
Message 20 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Good morning all

I don't usually add comments for the sake of it - but I too am experiencing repeated difficulties with my V6 not responding to it's remote.

I understand that we have a workaround in the form of a re-boot / re-registering of the remote. However, this is only achievable for as long as the V6 responds to the Android app (because you cannot navigate to the relevant pages when the bl@#*y remote won't work !).

Mine has needed re-booting / re-registering 4 times this week - that's almost daily... To those of you moderating, and who think this is acceptable - please reconsider.

To add insult to injury I have just spent a very frustrating 30 minutes trying to convince the call centre that this problem exists. I say that because they flatly deny it - actually arguing with me and insisting that I must have caused some physical damage to the equipment !

Will one of the moderators kindly guide me through the process of making a formal complaint to VMS. I (nay; WE) would like an immediate fix - please.

Best regards

Ron

In God we trust - everyone else must provide evidence
0 Kudos