Menu
Fizzf79
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Remote hell

I CANNOT!!! pair my remote. I have been trying for almost 3 hours now. Unpairing, going through the process, inputting the 38 potential Samsung codes. I have turned everything off and on. 
I have done the channel down and info button. 
I have changed the batteries. 
sometimes I get the 2 flashing lights ‘you’re paired! Yippee’ to only then get red lights to tell me ‘only joking!’

please can someone help me before the tv goes out the window. 

thank you 

0 Kudos
BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote hell

Hi, if you press HOME > Help and Settings > Help scroll across and down to program remote and follow instructions.  If this doesn't work, press TV and Clear until LED flashes green twice.  Press 0999 and then press channel up until TV turns off (on Samsung usually around 25) then press OK.  Hope this helps

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
0 Kudos
Fizzf79
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried that too. And still no joy I’m afraid!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fizzf79,

Is this a new remote, or an old one?

You can order a replacement remote by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

..why would anyone want their V6 remote to control the TV???!? 

The better solution is for your TV remote to control the V6 - especially if you have a Samsung TV as they will nearly always come with the Smart remote which can be paired to the V6.

Fizzf79
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave 

thank you for taking time to respond. When the engineer came out a year ago for something else, we were provided with a new remote as we had lost - but then found the new one. Dug out the new one and that won’t pair either!

0 Kudos
Fizzf79
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello. Thank you for responding. 

I was perhaps clumsy in my explanation. I don’t want the virgin remote to control my tv - but to pair the virgin remote with the virgin box you have to input various codes. Once the basic 4 run out, it asks what tv you are using and provides several more codes for pairing. None of the 38 worked!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi  Fizzf79,

There are 30 Samsung codes on the following link TV Remote Code List.pdf  - screenshot below.

Have you tried following the differing instructions on the following links? damaged-tv-remote/not-working-v6    and virgin-tv-pairing-tv-remote 

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Fizzf79,

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you are having an issue paring your remote to your box. We can understand the frustration this ongoing issue may have caused. 

Have you tried the great advice given by @newapollo? Does the issue persist after?

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos