cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote control

Laineyg78
Tuning in

My remote control keeps disconnecting...its brand new from virgin media, new batteries etc. Was working perfect yesterday but this morning I had to pair it again...and since then every time I go to use it, it needs paired 🙄

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Laineyg78 

Sometimes there is more than one code that pairs with the box. 

If you haven't used this method yet then follow the instructions on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/not-working-v6 

You can also try the following:-

Go to Home >  Help and Settings >  Help >  Set up Remote.  Follow instructions there it should give you a series of codes to try. 

You can also put 0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press OK. (don't just accept  the first code that works using this method as some codes don't work fully and there is often more than one code that will work correctly)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Laineyg78,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your remote.

Have you been able to go through the advice from newapollo?

Alex_Rm

Hey, I had to reconnect several times after following that advice...on Sunday evening it connected and seems to have stayed connected 🤞🏻 hopefully just a little flaw and all will be good now! 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Laineyg78 

Thanks for the update, pleased to hear it's working again.

Fingers and eyes crossed it stays that way 😊

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

This issue is unfortunately ongoing...having to pair everytime I want to use the remote control. Have now resorted to using the remote on my phone instead. Trying to call is via 150 is useless...🙄

Hi @Laineyg78,

Thank you for the update. I am really sorry to hear that unfortunately the issue with your V6 remote has now returned.

It looks like @newapollo provided it in an earlier post, but can you head here and follow the steps there to see if they help at all? There's also an option available there to order a replacement remote if you're unable to fix the problem.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!