cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote control slow for tivo

Normski2
Joining in

Hi

the remote control for my TiVo is very slow to respond on the screen.  Typing numbers or moving between programmes is far too slow.  It’s not the remote or the batteries as I see it register the commands by the flashing lights.  The TiVo box is old though so does it need replacing? Prob 2016 ish 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've referred to a TiVo, but posted in the V6 forum. Which do you have?

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have seen your comment that it isn't the batteries, however I would suggest changing them if you haven't already done so.  I had this same issue with a V6 box powered by Tivo recently and a battery change made a huge difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Normski2 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV box/ Remote. We can understand that this is not ideal and we want to best help. How long has this issue been ongoing? Also as mentioned by @japitts, what TV box do you have? https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box I have been able to access your service and I can see you placed an order for a new remote. Is the issue still ongoing?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

new remote hasn’t arrived yet.  So I’ll text once it does and refer back

thanks

Hi Normski2,

Once ordered the remote can take up to 5 working days, please let us know if you do not receive it within this time, if you need any further help in the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.