Menu
elaine406
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Remote control not working

Hi there,

I've been having problems with my v6 box for the past couple of weeks now.

My remote control isn't working with the v6 box. I've changed the batteries in the remote but it's still doing the same thing. I know it's not the remote control cause its lightning up red and green when pressed and is still changing the volume on my tv. The only way I seem to fix the problem is to turn the power off on the v6 box and the remote starts working again for a few hours but then stops again. It's getting very irritating having to keep resetting the box. 

Thanks

Elaine

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote control not working

Hi Elaine,

Have you tried to reset the remote as per the instructions here   ?

You can order a replacement remote using this direct link  Order new remote

That page also has links to download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote.  If it's not working here is a direct link

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

And if the web link doesn't allow you to order a new remote then you need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am or mid afternoon/tea time to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
elaine406
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote control not working

Hi newapollo,

Yeah tried to reset it but not made any difference. I've ordered a new remote so hopefully that works. 

Thanks

Elaine

0 Kudos