Menu
Vixster47
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Remote control not pairing

Got new box and after pairing with old handset it only works for that day.. every morning it's unpaired again..new batteries, checked wired paired again..and next morning handset not paired..day 5 I'm giving in...help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Remote control not pairing

Hi Vixster47,

Was the old box also a V6? If it was one of the old Tivo's you should have been sent a new remote.

One of the Forum Staff posted this workaround for remotes which seems to work for most people having issues with the pairng.

If you go to HOME > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote.  Follow instructions there it should give you a series of codes to try.  You can also put 0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press ok.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Vixster47
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sadly the remote won't turn box on..so I can't get to help menu on box to pair... paying for TV I can't watch or get off standby

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vixster47

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry for the delayed reply and the TV issues. From checking the system, I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and had an engineer visit. 

I hope everything is sorted, however if you need further assistance, please let me know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos