cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote control kaputt

Johnniepk
Tuning in

My remote has taken on a new role of not working at all, then catching up with itself, 

Battrries changed etc

I dont seem to be able to order a new one online. I get so far and the page is them missing.

Anyone from virgin help me here please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Johnniepk,

Sorry to see you are having problems with your remote.

Have you tried using a different browser, or clearing the cookies/cache on your current browser? I often have issues  using Chrome when testing ordering remotes, but usually find Firefox and Edge browsers work OK.

You should be able to order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

You can also try the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am -10am, or afternoon teatime to avoid call queues

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.  

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you, but it may be a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Johnniepk,

Sorry to see you are having problems with your remote.

Have you tried using a different browser, or clearing the cookies/cache on your current browser? I often have issues  using Chrome when testing ordering remotes, but usually find Firefox and Edge browsers work OK.

You should be able to order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

You can also try the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am -10am, or afternoon teatime to avoid call queues

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.  

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you, but it may be a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali