Menu
PM76
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Remote control issues

My V6 remote is no longer talking to my Tivo Box.

Batteries have been changed. Light comes on but I cannot get anything to change on the tv and Im stuck on the home screen options page.

Help please.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote control issues

Hi PM76,

Follow the instructions on the following help page  tv-remote/not-working-v6 

If that doesn't work there's a link on the final page to order a replacement remote.

Also on the last page is a link to download the TV Control app  which you can use as a temporary means of controlling the V6 until you receive a replacement

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You've referred to TiVo & V6 boxes, and the two are different beasts.

A V6 needs connecting to your homehub to allow internet connectivity, and the TV Control app is a potentially useful interim measure.

A TiVo has no such requirement and the TV Control "remote app" will only work if the box is connected by Ethernet. If not, there's a row of buttons on the front middle that provide you with at least the basic controls.

You can view the 2 boxes here if you're unsure which one's which.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @PM76

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the remote control issues you are experiencing, I'm sorry to hear that you are stuck on the home screen options page.

Firstly, please can you clarify - do you have a V6 TV box or a TiVo TV box?

Have you tried following the troubleshooting steps on what to do when you remote doesn't work here?

Were you able to download our TV Control App and use that as a remote instead? Please visit https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-control-as-a-remote for more information on how to do this.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos