Menu
rgale40
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Remote control issues.

I have three V6 boxes in my home & recently all three remote controls have started un-pairing from their respective boxes if they're not used for a while, such as overnight or during the day when we're all out of the house.

In order to re-pair the remotes I have to remove the batteries for several minutes & then manually re-pair by pressing & holding the channel down button on the box, followed by pressing/holding the info button on the remote. If I try this process without first taking out the batteries it doesn't work. Similarly, selecting the 're-pair' option from the 'settings' menu on the home screen doesn't work either.

Once I've got the remotes re-paired everything is fine until their not used for a while & then the whole shebang starts again.!!

It's probably worth mentioning that none of the V6 boxes are switched off or unplugged when not in use & I've tried re-setting all of the boxes which doesn't help.

Needless to say, it's extremely irritating and to have the same thing happen to all three of my V6 boxes at exactly the same time surely can't be coincidence..??

Any ideas anyone.?

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote control issues.

Have you put in cheap batteries like poundland ones? I've seen those cause strange actions on the remote

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked the remote battery level on each box?

Home > Help & Settings > System Info > System Info and then go to the 3rd page. Once the battery levels get down to around 30 per cent they can cause problems including losing pairing.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
rgale40
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hmmmm....never thought of that. Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
rgale40
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I've had a look at the remote battery levels on all of my remotes & it just says 'unknown'.

I'll swap the batteries out & see if that helps.

0 Kudos