cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote control app

Nick-M
Joining in

Trying to use my android phone as a remote control for my VM TiVo box via the Virgin tv control app.

It keeps saying that the box is not connected to the network. However, my phone and the box are both connected to the same network.

Any help?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo has its own inbuilt internet connection and doesn't have WiFi - a popular misconception.

The TV Control & multiroom facilties only work on a TiVo if you have separate Ethernet connection from the box to your home router. Do you?

If yes - check the IP address allocation in the router that both the TiVo and your phone are on the same 192.168.0.xyz subnet

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don't have an ethernet connection.

I'm confused though, my box is connected to the router wirelessly.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This probably means you have a V6 rather than a TiVo - check the photos at https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

The advice re the IP address holds regardless of box type though.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes i have a v6 box, don't want to post a photo on here.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Confirming a V6 is useful - there's no need to necessarily post a picture on here, although for the benefit of the public thread the OP did send me a (very grainy) screenshot of their router login which (I think - hard to tell for sure) shows the V6 & phone on the same subnet.

On the assumption this is the case.. can you stream recordings from your V6, onto your phone using the TV Control app? That's something else that relies on the home-network restriction.

And by extension, have either of these functions worked previously?