Menu
GamerNic
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Remote Problems

My V6 remote randomly doesn't work and this is a replacement (original worked fine until it stopped responding, called Virgin who did a test and sent out another).

This one works normally, then suddenly stops responding - either doing nothing or taking a long time to react. Some days it just won't switch on (used app to turn it on so box didn't need reset)

It is not the batteries. It is paired as per other posts suggestions. This is very annoying - any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote Problems

Hi GamerNic,

Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues even after receiving a replacement remote.

Are you able to re-pair the remote with your box again to see if it works? Please see this link .

Is your remote setup up in RF or IF mode?

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
GamerNic
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'd tried following that link before but eventually I had to reset the remote, reboot my v6 box as the channel up / down buttons on it were not responding, unpair all devices then use my phone to get back to settings and pair it again. It seems to be working for now.

I have no idea how to check if it's in RF or IF modes....

0 Kudos
GamerNic
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's stopped working again! Please advise what I can try next.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi GamerNic,

We are very sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue with your V6 remote. We would like to discus things further via a private message, we will need to confirm some security details in order to have a further look into things. I will follow up right away.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos