cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on box

lyndzz3008
Joining in

Hi, my V6 tv box has a constant red light for months, ive looked on line and it says it could be over heating but its not that hot to touch , i have tried switching it off for hours at a time but when i turn it back on its still red. My pictures constantly pixelates on certain and recorded channels too.

When I renewed the contract in April last year, they said it will be replaced as they are upgrading boxes. Has anyone else experienced this?

If it has a fault, I do I get it replaced ?

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lyndzz3008, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the TV box you are having. 😞
I've had a look on my end and I can't see any issues with the Tivo box, it is showing as green and good performance.
Are you able to try another HDMI cable please? Also please can you take out all the cables and put them back in securely?
Please also send a picture if the red light continues.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I have done all that you suggested and I am still in the same position.

Many thanks 

Lyndsey

Hi lyndzz3008.

The red light usually means lose connections, once all cables are hand tight can you perform a reboot and let us know if anything changes? 

Chris

I have already done this about 4 times now! Like I also let you know on the previous reply.

thanks

Sorry! Is this a new thread to the previous one? Does more than one person look after the case?

Maybe I just need to go straight to Virgin as i’m being told to do the same thing over and over by different people ending in the same result! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hi @lyndzz3008 

Thanks for coming back to us. You do need a technician visit as your Input Levels on the box are out of spec.

I will send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill