Menu
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Recordings

Hi 

I've got my V6 recordings set to start recording on time & finish recording on time. Is this a good setting to use? I recorded the commuter 2018 movie with Vera Farmiga in. The recording cut off before the movie finished. The film was recorded off the 5 star Channel. I haven't had any problems with any other movies I've recorded. Isn't the v6 designed to automatically add extra time when films or programs over run? 

J.H
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recordings

Generally I set it 1 minute early and 5 minutes at the end, the virgin epu is only updated every couple of hours 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The V6 programme guide updates every few hours.  It isn't dynamic so it is always advisable to set padding before and after recording times.  My default is set to one minute before and four minutes after.

For live performances always best to add extra time beyond the default.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's good to know 🙂

To be fair out of all the movies and programs I record. This is the first time the recording has cut off before the film has finished 🙂

J.H
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's rare, the worst culprit is the BBC

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yep your sure right. 

I always find top gear over runs everytime 🙁. I always add an extra 30 mins on series link for that reason. Top gear never starts on time in my experience. 

J.H
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Johnny1983 wrote:

Yep your sure right. 

I always find top gear over runs everytime 🙁. I always add an extra 30 mins on series link for that reason. Top gear never starts on time in my experience. 

If the next Top Gear challenge doesn't involve trying to drive a gas guzzling Land Rover Discovery from London to Durham without stopping for petrol or a toilet break and then driving to Barnard Castle wearing someone else's glasses to see how they get on then quite frankly what are we paying a licence fee for.

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Danny 

I totally agree with you. For what actually get & probably watch on BBC. I feel the license fee is way over priced. Idealy bbc should be looking at another capping. A further 5 years would be helpful. I don't agree with what they pay their djs & stars. Not that I hold a grudge against the djs & stars. As it's not their fault they are paid so much. I blame bbc for giving it them. I'm annoyed that oaps are having to pay for their tv license from august. I think it's so wrong. BBC seriously need to re-think their decision. I'm in the frame of mind to boycott top gear this year in protest for the poor oaps. I live with my grandparents. I'm not happy that they are having to start paying their license🙁. I will surely be giving them 50% of it to help them out 🙂

J.H
0 Kudos