cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings "stuttering" on playback

PaulCarr
Tuning in

Any new recordings on my Tivo box are unwatchable on playback due to "stuttering".

The picture jumps and the sound keeps breaking up. I'm getting the same problem if I rewind live TV too. 

I can see other community members have had this issue previously. How can I resolve this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi it sounds like the hard drive is failing, phone 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and go down the TV faults route.Regards Micky

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi it sounds like the hard drive is failing, phone 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and go down the TV faults route.Regards Micky

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To expand on the advice given... you've not explicitly said, but check that live TV works ok - this proves your signal feed.

Pausing & rewinding live TV is effectively a recording and uses your hard drive in the same way, so if that's problematic then yes - you have a hard drive fault. It can't be repaired and will mean your box being replaced.

You can either call in (150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone) and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", or wait on here for staff to respond, that may take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Micky. I thought that was the likely issue. 

Much appreciated. 

Thanks Japitts. Much appreciated.