Menu
Keith_H14
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Recordings playback pixelated and juddery

I have started to get issues when watching recordings on my V6 box that is highly annoying. The playback is jerky and stops..starts but pixelated, then plays for ashort period and then does the same. This is not on all channels recorded, noticed it recently on BBC HD channels, (the same issue happens if you pause the live braodcast then resume), and then tonight on a how recorded from Paramount HD.

Anyone got any ideas on what to do?

LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings playback pixelated and juddery

Hi a lot of the time pixalating normaly points to signal level issues phone and go down the Tv faults route they can check the levels while you are on the line and if necessary arrange for an engineer to come to you and adjust the signal levels.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keith_H14, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you have been having some problems when watching your recordings.

We can definitely get this looked in to. Could you please confirm the following for me?

Do you get any error messages? 

Are all connections in to the box secure and finger tight? 

Does the equipment overheat, become loud or make any unusual noises? 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Keith_H14
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat

All connections are secure and Bix has enough space around it to not let it overheat. 

No error messages, picture just pixelates, off and on. Happens during pausing of live shows as well as on recordings.

Has only started recently, older recordings were and are fine, some recent ones seem to be most affected (but not all of them)

Hope that helps

Keith

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Keith. 

I am going to pop you over a private message as I just need to check things from our side and will need a few details. 

The message will show in the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos
drm1
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I am having this exact same issue. Can you help please?

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keith_H14,

Thanks for joining me on PM, I've booked in the tech visit for you now as discussed 🙂

Let us know how the visit goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Tonycox67
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,I am getting exactly the same faults,has happened since last Sunday,all older recordings have been fine,have checked service status,connections,restarts with no fox,please help..thanks

David19020
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Recordings playback pixelated and juddery

Hi. Similar issue. Live TV picture is fine but play back delayed tv or any recordings and the picture periodically freezes, judders and/or pixelates. Tried ringing Virgin helpline and they refuse to send out an engineer as apparently there is 'work going on in our area which may be the cause of the problem' ! Surely if this were the case it would affect the live picture too ?  We have a disabled child who depends greatly on watching her collection of Disney and other recordings. Extremely frustrating !

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi David19020,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your TV services. I can appreciate how frustrating that would be. 

I've had a look and you're currently impacted by a fault in your area which means that your services may be intermittent. 

The fault reference is F007906519 and the current estimated fix time is 28th August 09:00.

Whilst you can't track that yourself, if you do need any updates then please pop us a message here and we can check for you. 

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos